Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Mantle easy as pie!

Happy Holidays Crafties!  This is my absolute fav time of year.  L.O.V.E. to decorate the house and burn those yummy Christmas candles all day long!  (Not to mention eating all of the cookies ... sigh)

So let's make a mantle ... easy a pie.  

Decorate the tree FIRST.  Put everything you have left in a pile.  Get some garland.  It makes everything look better (and it looks like you spent a lot on decor). 

Find 2 things to go on the end of your mantle with  some height.  A small tree, an angel, a candlestick ... anything you can find in your cabinets. 
My Mom gave me these 4' tall Santa statues that are really great.   Thx Mom. :)
 These are my left over ornaments and colorful lights ... I try to do a different mantle each year.  I used these balls and lights outside on my wreath and topiaries last year.  I  can't do that again!  It is like wearing the same outfit to the same party for the second year in a row.   Nah. 

 I got these reindeer last year at Target ... love them!  Have no idea where I got the silver trees ... have had them forever.  I like the all silver combo. 
 Place the garland on your mantle.  Put something with height on the ends.  Put some lights on your garland.  Start inserting your extra decorations. 
 BEST SECRET .. I have a lot of those cute little stocking holders that sit on the ledge and hold your stockings.  However, I have 4 little boys ... enough said.   THUMB TACKS!!!  Thumb tack your stocking to the mantle.  Hide it in the garland.  Works like a charm.  :) 
 These stockings were cute and had nowhere to put a name on it ... so I attached a Santa hat gift tag on each stocking with our names on each. 
 I stepped back and looked at the mantle ... hmmmm .... it needs a little "umph."  Balls!  I forgot the balls! 
Finished product! Pretty snazzy.   Now, post your comments or your ideas below and let us know what you did to decorate your mantle easy as pie.   Good luck and get crafty!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. The mantle looks fabulous, Amy....however I think your picture/art work should be taken down..it seems to compete with your silver reindeer and trees. Maybe a mirror there or nothing since your beautifully decorated mantle is enough.
    Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete