Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Ball Wreath

This is SO easy ... AND I saw it on The Today Show and thought, I can totally make that! 

Supplies:
One wire coat hanger  
4 packs of Christmas balls in various sizes ($2.50 each @ Wal Mart - I bought 3, but had to get 1 more)
2 rolls of ribbon ($1 each @ Wal Mart)
Glue gun (I found out the hard way that I needed this!)


Follow the pictures!  So simple my kids helped! 




I found this out the hard way ... BEFORE you start putting the balls on the wire hanger ... put a little hot glue on the silver ball hanger to keep it attached to the ball.  Otherwise, when they start piling up on the wire, some of them may decide to fall off!  Yikes!


 Tie the coat hanger in a twist so it can hang on a nail.
Make a bow.  If you need a Bow tutorial ... Get a bread tie ready before you start.  Make a loop of ribbon on each side 4 times at various lengths and tie it in the middle with your bread tie.  Once it is assembled, you can fluff your bow to make it look pretty.  Use a lot of ribbon ... more is ALWAYS better on a bow.   A ribbon with a little bit of wire in the edge makes it easier to fluff.
I put 3 tiny glass balls on a bread tie to tie my bow.  Crafty!:)


Tie your bow and make a loop with your wire.  I looped a rubber band on the wire to hang it on a nail above my window.




So cute ... honestly ... I did not hot glue my hangers to the balls.  I wish I had because 6 fell off trying to hang this on the window!  Then it took me forever to find where the balls go in the stack.  Since it was placed here, above my kitchen sink, my son and I have made a bet: How many balls will fall off BEFORE Christmas?  His bet:10 ... my bet: 6. 

TOTAL SO FAR = 4.  Hot glue them! 


HO HO HO!!!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment