Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Jackets & Stuff

I know I cannot be the ONLY one in this world who struggles with stuff. Stuff that is ALL. OVER. THE. HOUSE.  The minute we walk in the house, shoes are tossed around, jackets flung on the couch, backpacks and purses everywhere... It's sheer chaos. Our couch, dining room table and kitchen island serve as a dumping ground for all things outerwear related. Makes me bonzo. With the freezing cold weather this weekend (for Atlanta it’s INSANE cold!) and excessive outerwear explosion, I decided that enough is enough and finally made a hall hanging station for all of our “stuff!”  

Does this look familiar to anyone?
Jackets
More Jackets. A shoe. a baby toy. A backpack underneath this pile. Gasp!

Our empty hall/stairway is begging for some organization! Bring me stuff!

Poor umbrella needs a home. And the Ryobi sander.. Is this really where you should live? Maybe that's part of a cool mist humidifier. What have I become?!
I bought this Walmart hanging rack for $10. I had a few extra blue baskets from the baby's nursery and this silver bucket we had was perfect for storing winter hats and gloves! 

Ahhhhh!!! Look! Shoes and backpacks and jackets, oh my!
How good does it feel to get organized? I swear I slept better last night after tackling this project and clearing the clutter!
Hope this inspires you to tackle your Jackets & Stuff! 
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s Christmas post with my Pottery Barn-ish tree limb project!

Katie

1 comment: