Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Love My Silhouette!

After a wonderful Thanksgiving (‘ful’ like, I’m so full from Thanksgiving I had to find a project I could do sitting down), it was fun to start thinking about Christmas and tackle the first project of the season! Yeah, so maybe we ate ourselves into oblivion for 3 days but it was SO worth it! I hope all of you had awesome weekends with friends and family, food and laughter and all that really matters! We sure did.
Today was my Silhouette’s maiden voyage and it was such fun! Love her! Tons of projects are lining up in my head and I can’t WAIT to use this clever little tool again. After seeing Thrifty Décor Chick’s “Give Thanks” letters and also My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia’s, I really wanted a lovely Christmas message to create with the Silhouette. Did I mention I love this thing? Thank you my dear in-laws for making my dorky craft dreams come true!
A quick trip to Michael's today and $7 later, an array of cute paper choices lined up our dining room table. I picked a great black & white damask pattern,
red and white stripes and a linen steel blue.
 
Made my design in the software and then started cutting!

I organized my piles of cut paper, then laid out my design

 I used a hole punch at the top of each letter and used some string we had to string up all the letters together. I hung them in one of the dining room windows (p.s. I love blue).

Now I just need a little garland and some more Christmas decorations to complete the window. All in all, the Silhouette proved to be a rock star in the paper cutting arena. 

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment