Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Layering Your Clothes

Reason #422 why Fall is so delicious: Layering!
I love the look of layered clothing but never feel like I do it correctly. 9 out of 10 days, I wear a shell with something over it (i.e. plain crew neck t-shirt) and maybe something over that (i.e. sweater or shrug), maybe throw a scarf on and a necklace or funky earrings and then I scramble to try and make it all work together.  Then the layers are shed one by one because I feel like I've dorked it up. Scarf - gone. Necklace- gone. Jacket - gone. Great, now I'm back to my plain white, brown or black t-shirt. Why do I continue to buy the same shirts? Who needs 8 different white t-shirts? Old Navy and Target, stop putting t-shirts on the asiles I walk down!
This is the season of layers and texture (at least that's what I'm declaring for moi)! I'm open to new techniques and styles and really want to get out of my boring old navy t-shirt wearing habit and bring some style to this mama's wardrobe.
With that said, this video is great and today's inspiration for today's post:
Thanks Accessorize and Organize for the video! 
Wrap yourself up in scarves, sweaters, jackets, tights, boots and all those yummy fall things and send us your suggestions! How do you dress for fall? How do you layer? How do you accessorize? What are your tricks!? How do you dress up without dressing down your wallet completely? We'd love to hear from you!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. I love my thermal long-sleeved white tee with a bright short-sleeved one over that, then a scarf and a jacket. It can be a cute light jacket to dress up the tee shirts, or a heavier coat if that's what I need. :)

    ReplyDelete