Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dollar Store and a Glue Gun

Hi Crafties! So I've seen this done like 62 times on other blogs and and have wanted to do the same thing. Sorry I'm not giving everyone props on this but definitely saw it on Decor Chick's blog.  Regardless, a super easy project and a minimal investment. That gets a big fat MCA (moms crafty approval)!


These cute lil' glass vases are at Dollar Tree and so are the tall glass candle holders. I needed something with a lil' height on our mantle but didn't want to distract from our lovely Winston painting so I kept thinking I’d keep it simple with some glass. The glass would do a little reflecting as well and brighten up the space above our fireplace. The idea is to put the two pieces together.  So far I’m digging it!
I can already see Christmas fillers all over the place. (P.S. I’m a Christmas freak. I love it for so many reasons and having our house decorated and smelling like a fresh cut pine is sheer happiness!) Enough about Christmas, it’s not even Thanksgiving!


Little bit of hot glue around the rim

Let it dry upside down
Shut your mouth ... How cute?!





Easy as pie! The Dollar Tree rocks!  Total project cost $4.  Wow! :)
Katie

2 comments:

  1. KT...i LOVE this! Will surely copy for my foyer table for christmas! you rock!!

    ReplyDelete