Thursday, January 27, 2011

Paint Colors 101

Being a builder’s wife, I have been through some serious paint in my time!  I have painted every kind of TAN you can think of on walls, ceilings, trim, etc.  Some were great, some were super gross.   So, sharing my favorite colors with you is a must.
One thing you must know about paint – paint looks DIFFERENT in every room.  If you paint TAN in the kitchen with lots of windows, and you paint that same TAN in a room with one window, they will look different.   Solution: Buy a quart of the paint you like, paint a small amount on the wall. Then you will be able to make a better decision on the color to chose. 
MY FAVORITE COLORS: (insider secret ~ You can chose ANY color, from ANY brand, and have the paint store color match/mix it for you!)
BENJAMIN MOORE:

This is a great tan, goes with everything!  White Dove for trim goes great with this wall tan. 




Amazing color for TRIM



Beautiful deep and light at the same time






Beach bedroom color … WOW!  My favorite by far!!




This is a good creamy, not too gold, not too lemon, YELLOW (Yes, it is yellow!). 


SHERWIN WILLIAMS:




My TRIM color at home


  

My CEILING color at home – put a color, one chip down from your trim, on the ceiling to make room warm




My WALL color at home – THIS IS THE PERFECT TAN – goes with everything!


Best of luck with my favorites!  If you are in N Georgia, email us ... we know excellent painters that work for "Mrs. PaintRight."  momscrafty@gmail.com
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment