Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wall Letters

Have I mentioned I love my Silhouette SD machine? If not, I HEART IT!

In no time at all, I was able to make letters for my son’s room and officially put his ‘stamp’ on the nursery… at 8 months old. Bless his heart. Second child gets hosed and I can’t imagine what a third would get!  Regardless, my first son's name hung in the nursery for 2 years and once his letters were down, the blue painted dots needed some love.
Still a few holes to cover up from my oldest son’s wooden letters that used to be here. 

I used brown vinyl and used the transfer paper to get the letters reasonably straight on the wall. Now, don't mind the bronze light switch plate. It's hideous and that will be replaced shortly. And yes, kind of odd that it's smack dab in the center of the wall, but there used to be a door there and we sealed it up to close off the nursery and just have one door instead of two. Now we need to get an electrician to move the switch. Easy, right? Not so much so it's been on the back burner!
Regardless, I'm happy with the way Luke's letters came out and now if I can just get his room decorated!  Need. More. Time.
Another Silhouette project is happening this weekend so be sure to check in next week!



Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment