Saturday, January 1, 2011

Den converted to Toddler Room

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I figured it only appropriate for this year's first post to be something that is so near and dear to my heart. I LOVE before and afters... like mildly obsessed. My husband knows this and would agree 5 million percent. It's a little ridiculous but I ADORE seeing something come to life or get reinvented! So with that said, here is one of our own before and afters and although the new room isn't finished it's fun to see the progress in just 6 months.

Here's the story...
We live in a small bungalow and it really only has two bedrooms (not counting a loft upstairs that is unfinished). When baby #2 arrived in April of 2010, we had to come up with something, and something quick. Sure I could have my 2 year old share a room with the new baby but their schedules were so different. Couldn't imagine the baby waking up all night and our 2 year old as well. So we turned our den into our bugaboo's big boy room/ playroom. Yes, we still have a place to sit and watch Greys Anatomy, football and DIY shows and that room is off our kitchen. We call it our little nook. It's so comfy and cozy so we haven't missed our den too much. 

Here's before. The walls were painted by previous owner and this room needed a makeover either way.

And here's the room today


(Excuse the mess as I didn't clean up before taking this picture. Also my husband was reading to bugaboo and had no idea I was taking pictures)





The paint color is one of my tried and trues. And if you're in the Atlanta/N GA area and you need a good painter, email me... we've got the best ones and we love Mrs. PaintRight!
The carpet was a splurge along with the plantation shutters. But most everything else in his big boy room was done in a very bargain shoppingness way! I'll post that in a different blog so you can get some ideas on how to get great stuff at a price that you can tell someone about.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy New Year!
Katie

1 comment:

  1. i've been waiting for this!! Great job KT! love the wall color, furnitire and shutters are awesome! did you put them on the front window as well? what about doors? I want more pictures:)

    ReplyDelete