Sunday, October 24, 2010

Yard Sale Saturday


What a beautiful weekend!!! The weather has been insane here and yesterday was the perfect day. Started out with a big cup of coffee and then my neighbor and I hit some neighborhood yard sales.  We had WAY too much fun!  We could have come home with much more good loot but we kept it reasonable. One was an estate sale that had some really great things and we wanted much more than we actually left with! She bought some great jewelry and some beautiful old plates that are to die for.  Here’s what I made it out with:
Two small silver platters: $.50 each.  J  Thought I could use them in my bathroom to catch all the jewelry that usually piles up.


This pretty little bench was $15 and is old as the hills. It’s going to get some paint and new fabric and it will be prec! Makeover will be posted this week.
















$3 for this old school retro vase! I put it in our kitchen the second I got home because I loved it so much. I swear my grandmother had this exact same vase, which makes me smile every time I look at it!  



















Two glass hurricanes, $1 each. Um, I'm sorry but I priced these out at several other stores and just couldn't pull the trigger on $20-$30 each. Thank the heavens above because I basically stole these.

Total purchase: $21.
Amount of joy and satisfaction achieved: Priceless!




Katie


         I'm linking up to this linky party today: Cottage Instincts
 

1 comment:

  1. I really like your glass hurricanes. I'm always drawn to them at Goodwill and Thrift Stores but I never buy them b/c I don't have a plan for them. Any idea what you think you'll do with them?

    ReplyDelete