Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wreath surgery 101

Hello, door in need of decorations ....



Meet my old, worn out, leaves falling off, live in the attic under the Christmas boxes, 4 year old Fall wreath.  Can it be in any worse shape? 

Keep it or toss it?  Keep it!  I can fix it.  :)
I looked through my Fall/Halloween tub of decorations and found some fruit that I usually put on the table in a basket.  Then I thought .... hmmmm .... let's spice things up a bit and glue these on the wreath! 

You can buy fruit like this @ Target, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Michaels.  Get a hot glue gun if you do not own one.  It is a STAPLE (I have made curtains, fixed toys, repaired furniture, you name it, I've used it ... you need one.)

I placed a huge clump of hot glue on each piece of fruit and stuck it in different areas on the wreath.  No arranging.  Just stick it where you like it.  I went through about 8 sticks of hot glue just to make sure the fruit would stay on with the door slamming and the wind blowing. 
Now all I need is Halloween decorations.  It is only October 5.  Maybe I will wait a week?!  Come back for Halloween decoration ideas next week. 

Ahhhhhhh....much better. 
 
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment