Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Shabby Chic Table

Our house is the constant recipient of change. I get bored. Flip through catalogs. Go bargain shopping. Find a deal or get some good ideas, then come home and start messing with stuff. My poor husband has to get so sick of me buying changing stuff. Nevertheless, we have a long way to go to get our house 'finished' which we all know never happens. Meanwhile, I'm having boatloads of fun along the way trying!

Project #1: My stepmom and dad gave us this entry table when we got married years ago and as our furniture has grown, this piece no longer 'fit' what we had in the house. I know, I know...What a way to thank them for such a beautiful piece. I'm sorry parents. Please keep giving us furniture! It needed a face lift to match our style so hopefully they will approve. I love the shape and lines of the table and thought it could look pretty fab painted white and distressed. So last weekend, it got sanded, painted and sanded again! 



Pretty cute, eh?

I'm digging our old new entry table. I triple heart the lamp from Home Goods and please disregard random stuff in the bowl. Once I figure out how where to put keys,wallet, phones, stuff I'll let you know. The painting is one of my favorites but thinking it may need a new home. We've got an awesome mirror that recently met a can of Oil Rubbed Bronze paint and think it will look even better above this table. I'll post those pics soon!

Let us know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it's definitely cute! I have a couple pieces that were given to us that don't match our style. Trying to find the courage to ask if I can paint them. I love this table! Nice work! Visiting from Cottage Instincts. :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it! Here's the thing~ you can always remove the paint if you ever change your mind! But, why would you? It is gorgeous, and those sweet lines on it stand out so much with the paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous table!!! Great re-do!!
    (PS... love the print hanging above it )
    (Stopping by from Thrifty decor chick )

    ReplyDelete