Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mason Jar Lanterns

Wide mouth mason jar. Check. $1 candle from dollar store. Check. 20 gage wire. Check. 20 pound fishing line. Check!

I love mason jars. Guess they just remind me of when we were kids and made blackberry jam and jelly every year with our mom. She would make take us blackberry picking... in the summer... in GEORGIA... in the blazing hot sun and then we would come home and start the whole canning process. At the time we probably didn't enjoy it as much as we let on, but looking back it was a great childhood memory. When I see a mason jar, I'm overwhelmed with nostalgia.

We thought they would make great lanterns and after doing a little research online we got to work.

Easiest project ever and the light that they create is awesome! I hung them on my porch and although I need a couple more hooks, you get the idea. I wanted them to suspend at different lengths and could have used one fishing line and one hook per jar, but really like how it turned out regardless! I adore how they hang at different lengths and kind of blow in the wind.
Love love love them!

               Simple supplies





















5 little masons lighting my porch!

Good luck with making some of your own!




















2 comments:

  1. I made some of these for Jamie. She loves mason jars. I love candles!
    thanks for linking up.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use mason jars as candle holders but never thought to hang them. Simple and cute!

    ReplyDelete